Conduct and Use
These forums are for the use of members and their purpose is to share and promote research on family history related to New Brunswickers, their ancestors and descendants. Non-members can read posts but not respond or make their own posts. If a non-member wishes to post please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share your ideas, ask questions and offer advice in a collaborative manner.
The rules for use are simple and straight forward;
- First and foremost, please follow the golden rule and treat others as you would like to be treated. Honest and open communication is encouraged but it must be done with respect for other’s positions and values.
- Family historians are at different stages of learning and what seems elementary to the experienced genealogist is often a new concept to the beginner. Be mindful of this and willing to teach concepts that will build the skills and knowledge of the novice.
- For those who are new to genealogy, be a keen learner and apply the knowledge and advice offered through these forums.
- Please keep your posts on the topic of a particular forum. If you have an interest in a topic not covered in a forum please use the web contact form to make suggestions.
- Share only your own thoughts, ideas, and content. Please do not violate copyright regulations by re-producing or posting material that is not your own. If necessary, when asking a question or posting a reply, and you want to briefly mention the work of others, please include an appropriate source citation.
- Please keep in mind that any information you post is public and can be copied, modified and distributed by others. We cannot be responsible for this re distribution which is beyond our control.
- Do not post commercial messages or advertisements of any kind including fee for service or links to other web site’s offering these messages/services.
- Respect the privacy of the community and do not post information about living people without their consent or the consent of their guardian’s.
- It should not be necessary to say this but, please do not demean, harass abuse or threaten other members.
- Also it is not appropriate to post content that’s vulgar, hateful or offensive in any way.
- While we try to monitor these forums if you see any comments you feel are not in the spirit of the foregoing guidelines please report them using the web contact form. We reserve the right to remove any posting deemed to violate the above guidelines at our own discretion
How do I Post a Message
- It is best to compose your message in your word processing software so it can be spell checked. There is no facility to do this in the body of the message.
- Once this is done copy the message to your clipboard.
- Next sign in on the members tab.
- Click on the Forums tab and the screen will refresh and you are ready to post.
- Click on the plus sign "+" of the forum you wish to post to and a window will open.
- Enter a subject in the subject line.
- Click in the message body, right click and paste your message.
- Next in the upper right click on save
- Your message is now posted.
|Topic has no active message threads.