As a service to those who wish to exchange family history data with other researchers, the New Brunswick Genealogical Society Inc. publishes queries free of charge in its journal, Generations. The journal is published quarterly. It has a circulation of approximately 800 copies.
When submitting queries please observe the following guidelines;
- The query should be short and precise and deal with one problem at a time.
- Do not give a full family history.
- It is better to submit additional queries rather than cover more than one problem in a query.
- Provide enough detail to explain your problem but be concise as possible
- Include your name and mailing address and if you have an email include that as well.
- Your mailing address is important as not everyone who might reply has email.
- Capitalize all surnames. This is especially important to distinguish female married/maiden names from given middle names.
- You should always check your spelling before submitting the query
- If queries are submitted by email it is preferable to do so on a separate attachment.
- If the query is submitted by mail it is preferable they are typed. If not typed they should be printed and not written in cursive so as to be as legible as possible.
Queries can be mailed directly using the Query Form
. Click on the link. When the form loads, right click and select print to produce a paper copy for mailing. The mailing address is as follows;
26 Georgia Pacific Drive